New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bonanza 7x64 dies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought a 7x64 rifle which I still have not posted pictures of, but I intend to. The seller mentioned the owner had some "reloading" equipment to go with it. Turned out to be 80 rounds of Norma ammo and a set of Bonanza dies.

I was all set to order some Redding Neck sizing dies when a customer of mine saw them and mentioned that they were really good dies and I should give them a try.

I started reloading on Herters, but have never come across Bonanza. The box is marked Hollywood Gun Shop.

Googling Bonanza all I can find is BR dies. What about their regular dies? Quality?

Thanks

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the Bonanza dies that I've run across over the years have been very good quality. I still have a few sets that I use on a regular basis. I could be wrong, but I think Bonanza later became Hornady.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Bonanza dies are high quality in either benchrest or conventional design.
The benchrest dies live on as the Forster benchrest dies.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
The Bonanza dies are high quality in either benchrest or conventional design.
The benchrest dies live on as the Forster benchrest dies.

I do believe you're right. In fact, I was just going to edit my post to "Hornady or Forster".

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote