Find
Notify
Tools

375 JDJ case trimmer !
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted
Dose any one here have a need for a Lee case trimmer / gauge that has been moded for the 375 JDJ ? Very easy to make one your self but I have mine that I dont need any more..

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got a .375 pilot for my Forster last fall, otherwise I'd take you up on it. Got an SSK barrel last summer and have had fun shooting/reloading for it.
Noticed on another thread where you indicated that you used your JDJ on GA whitetails and was wondering what bullet you were using and at what MV?
I'm working up loads using Hornady 225 gr spires. Thinking they will be the ticket for a couple Screven county whitetails....
TIA,
Sako

Posts: 81 | Location: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: 03 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Well the case trimmer I used was a 444 and turned down the 44 part to 375 and it works great, I used 200gr Sierras as they are for the old 375 Win lever gun that was slow. So they opened up very well at pistol speeds. I was getting 2150 fps out of mine but it was a 13" SSK BBL. Not the 15" like most. Hit'm hard as I hunted in close ( swamps ), Every one asked why so big on the gun ??? I said that down in the swamps and me in a wheelchair I wanted them to just Drop and not run, LOL and thats what it did too.

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm with ya on hit'em hard so they drop like a used rubber on prom night.
I rather enjoy hunting the swamps as well and have great success with big, heavy, large caliber bullets in my other pistols.
Will definitely post next fall if I get the chance to poke one with my JDJ.

Posts: 81 | Location: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: 03 October 2004Reply With Quote