Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Gun shows suck
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In three previous posts I made the following comments:

"Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with attending gun shows unarmed,"

"In my post I mentioned that I don't feel a need to carry in a gun show."

"Had you cared to read my previous posts in detail, it would have been evident to you that I do not have a problem going to gun shows unarmed. I stated it twice."

VG later belched: "Anyone that espouse's for his own suffering ego's sake that he needs to have his guns loaded at a Gunshow is being troubled by things that can't be cured via the internet!" and "PS: Paranoid Paul - we are all still waiting for your empirical reasoning for why YOU need to carry a loaded Gun into a Gunshow!"......and he's calling me phucking stupid? The "we are still waiting" above makes me wonder for whom else he is speaking.

VG: It occurs to me you are hellbent on evading some very direct questions as well as distorting my position as illustrated above (don't know why, but it seems like a good time to wish you and John Kerry well on election day). In light of that and the indisputable fact that we (I am including myself) are no longer bringing value to this thread or making constructive efforts to understand one another, I'm going to go ahead and duck out. Before I do though, I want to commend you for reducing the number of times you referred to me as stupid in your last post. Your mother would surely be proud.

And a word of warning!

CDH: When VG said to you, "I would like to have you clarify YOUR stance before I take you to the reality woodshed and open a can or reality based whup ass on you also (if need be?)!" I think (and this may be paranoia driven or it may be based on evidence) that means he is going to refer to you as stupid.

Paul Barnard

Posts: 105 | Location: Gulfport MS | Registered: 04 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Well you just need to come down here to Memphis for a while then!

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Paul, nothing to forgive, and you're most welcome.

To the gentleman asking what was different about going to gun shows versus the grocery store, et cetera... well, as I explained in my previous post... at gun shows, you have A LOT of people fiddling with guns. Picking them up, clearing them, perhaps pulling triggers, whatever. I've yet to see this kind of behavior at my local Hy-Vee. As I pointed out previously, people who can't load a stapler are picking up guns and "examining" them, and this is when accidents -- or negligence -- is most likely to happen. Do I think "I" should be allowed to pack heat at a gun show? Yes. Do I think there are some people at a gun show who shouldn't? Yes. Do I want to impose "gun control?" No. However, I'm just saying, it's always on my mind that someday, somewhere, somebody is going to cap off a round from an "empty" gun... and it's always on my mind that I wonder if I'm going to be the poor schmuck who stops the round.

I like the idea of concealed carry. Hell, I like the idea of OPEN carry. What I have "a concern" with, is people cycling slides on potentially loaded arms, before they drop the magazines. I'd just rather they keep their sidearms holstered until such time as a situation presents itself that they need to clear leather.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

you have A LOT of people fiddling with guns. Picking them up, clearing them, perhaps pulling triggers, whatever. I've yet to see this kind of behavior at my local Hy-Vee.

Well you just need to come down here to Memphis for a while then!