THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    .458 500gr TBBC cannelure good for Lott in Ruger m77?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.458 500gr TBBC cannelure good for Lott in Ruger m77?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted
Has anyone here noticed whether the TBBC 500gr .458 bullet's cannelure places the ogive too far forward (onto the rifling) in the Ruger m77 Lott given the TBBC's large meplat?

If this bullet is seated more deeply to compensate, how should the loads be adjusted compared to, say, .458 500gr Hornadays to compensate for pressures?

Also, if seated where the canelure isn't engaging, should it be crimped anyway (heavy recoiling loads in the magazine)? How has that performed regarding accuracy?

Dan

One of Us
Picture of brent andrade
posted Hide Post
dan , the lott is a heavy recoiling catridge , but if the bullets are long enough to need to be deeper seated into shell to feed and funtion in your 77 , remember to reduce the load to start , as pressures go up fast when you change the internal volume available ! but i found it didnt seem to hurt any to use the starting load to get my feet wet , then work up once all is good . where are you located as i have a lott gathering dust and dont care to own it anylonger , it needs a good home at a fair price .(i have a 500 asquare ) so i will try to help you out in any way i can as i know how hard it is to get answers when useing a tru oddball! have fun and be safe above all! brent

Posts: 40 | Location: pennsylvania , usa. | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted Hide Post
Brent,

I know someone who might like a Lott -- I'll ask. I'm most likely to see him next Friday night.

I appreciate your input.

My question about "accuracy" was poorly stated (trying to finish up too fast...). I was specifically trying to ask how that changed point-of-impact for the factory leaf sights' regulation (if anyone had gone down this particular path)?

Dan

One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted Hide Post
btt