New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabelas shelves empty
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Went to Cabelas today with my shopping list. The shelves were bare. Not one pound of Hodgdon, IMR or any other powder...no primers...brass nearly sold out...well over half the ammo shelves empty.

And they don't know when they'll be able to restock.

Should have bought Cabelas stock after the election!!

Posts: 1319 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
You just described every store in the lower 48

It wasn't the election that started the mania this time

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, it was the President saying he would do everything withing his power to limit our access to firearms and ammunition after Sandy Hook. The election had nothing to do with it at all. Oh yeah, BTW I know of a store that has primers, powder, and ammunition in stock they have as well several AR's still.

Primers are $6.99-7.99 per 100, powder is around $40 per pound, and the AR's are $3500-4000 for new rifles and used Mini-14's are $2100. Ammunition is scary high as well $40 per box of Fiocci 55 grain SP ammo. .22 LR is running right at $10 per 100 rounds as well.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oboma is the best salesman the firearms industry has ever had.

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The buying wave on your side has had a huge knock-on over here. In my neck of the woods, primers are rarer than rocking horse poo, most american powders are "unavailable for the forseeable future" Lots of dealers are looking at former Eastern block manufacturers for components like primers and bullets although in many cases, the quality is not brilliant

Posts: 158 | Location: South East England | Registered: 16 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i always remember the price gougers during these times & never frequent their stores again. on the other hand the guys who keep things as level as they can and help get my business

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Cabelas in NW Arkansas is pretty barren. Bullets are mostly non-existant, brass is like Bigfoot. I usually get lucky with powder in finding something I can use everytime I go up there.

Posts: 2 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 22 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last Gun show in the Charlotte NC area two wks ago and there was a mad rush on ammo, prices were reasonable in most cases. I managed to pick up a 1000 small rifle primers for $30.00. 45 auto for $18.00 a box of 50. No powder or other primers anywhere at the show. Next show is in 3 weeks and I expect ammo prices to be high. Powder and bullets? who knows. We hit 3 other stores after the show just to find a pound of 2400. All I really need is .224 bullets, and some more 45 auto. Other than that, I am fixed for the next year.

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
...The election had nothing to do with it at all...
I can't believe what I am reading. The election had EVERYTHING to do with it. Had the Democrat party not retained the keys to power, this would not even be an issue. It is ALL about the election. Elections have consequences guys...this would have eventually happened Sandy Hook or not. Obama didn't dare bring up gun control before November - it would have killed his re-election chances. But now as a lame duck he and his cohorts can force their real agendas......

Posts: 677 | Location: Arizona USA | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yesterday at the Austin Gun Show prices were out of sight as might be imagined.Beat up mimi 14's starting at $1500.00,Ar's (if you could find them) started at $2500.00. 9mm ammo was $45.00 a box,ad nauseum. Academy stores will only sell you one box of ammo a day in a specific caliber,3 box max.Only one pistol sale per week.Store policy not law.The gun show on Sat. + Sun. both had a line 5 wide half way around the building awaiting ingress.Odd is'nt it that the media now says that 90% of Americans want more gun control laws.I know bullshit when I hear it.

Posts: 4394 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taylorce1:

Primers are $6.99-7.99 per 100, powder is around $40 per pound, and the AR's are $3500-4000 for new rifles and used Mini-14's are $2100. Ammunition is scary high as well $40 per box of Fiocci 55 grain SP ammo. .22 LR is running right at $10 per 100 rounds as well.

prices in MD, just bought a lb of unique for $28, bullseye last week for $25 and primers are $40 for 1k. No AR's even available, 26.99 for 50 federal RN. Walmart is bare but I know for fact employees are holding for friends and phone calls are made when the truck arrives, i had a friend hold 100 rounds for me :-) other stores have ammo but the shelves aren't stocked like they used to be.

Posts: 59 | Location: Southern Maryland | Registered: 26 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Odd is'nt it that the media now says that 90% of Americans want more gun control laws.I know bullshit when I hear it.

depends on your media source.....I know it may not be really good, (for diversity's sake)but I'm exclusivly watching Fox news, I can see the blatant bias in the others and that has turned me off..People are afraid to come out and say things, My opinion is the 2nd amendment almost gives the people the right to rise up against our own Gov. There's no mention of hunting in the constitution. hunting is not the right so therefor we only need shotguns that's bull too!

Posts: 59 | Location: Southern Maryland | Registered: 26 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was in the Rogers Minn store yeaterday. They had maybe 1000 large rifle primers and a few pounds of powder, mostly for shotguns.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i ordered some bullets from Cabelas last week 150 gr. 30 cal. harnday SST 27.99 today they are 31.99 6 days later..

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The summer after the 2008 election, I got all the primers & powder I'll ever need from Sportsmans and they gave me 10% off; hauled it back home with all the other food & supplies; we usually mail order everything.

Back after Xmas, I got some Lapua 308 brass from Cabelas; only 308 they had, $70/100. I called again everybody yesterday, no 308 brass nowheres. Finally found some TTSX bullets & dies at Midway. RCBS usually will tell ya who has their brand in stock; I call them first.

I have found that Brownells/Sinclair will back order items for ya, then charge ya when they get them in. At least this way, you know that you will be first in line when supplies do appear. In todays market, it works for me. You never know what we might be facing 6 months from now with the Jokers we have in power now.

Posts: 521 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TX Nimrod:
quote:
...The election had nothing to do with it at all...
I can't believe what I am reading. The election had EVERYTHING to do with it. Had the Democrat party not retained the keys to power, this would not even be an issue. It is ALL about the election. Elections have consequences guys...this would have eventually happened Sandy Hook or not. Obama didn't dare bring up gun control before November - it would have killed his re-election chances. But now as a lame duck he and his cohorts can force their real agendas......

Agreed! They knew exactly what they were doing. Osama would NEVER have gotten reelected if he would have mentioned gun control.....all part of his plan. Him and Diane Frankinstein....Sandy Hook was just something for them to attach it too. BTW, Sandy Hook shooter didn't even use the type of weapon Osama and Frankinstein are trying to ban.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Be glad you don't live in NY state, they just passed the SAFE Act (Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013). Bans AR's, magazines are limited to 7 rounds, no internet sales of ammo without transfer through a dealer. Can't find anything on dealers shelves around here either.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg K:
Be glad you don't live in NY state, they just passed the SAFE Act (Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013). Bans AR's, magazines are limited to 7 rounds, no internet sales of ammo without transfer through a dealer. Can't find anything on dealers shelves around here either.

Sounds like I'd be planning some out of state trips

One of Us
posted Hide Post
" the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." ???

Posts: 806 | Location: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote