New
Find
Notify
Tools

JDS Quick Measure - Opinions wanted
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have any of you used the JDS Quick Measure powder measure? If so, I'd like to know what your experience has been with it.

Here's the site for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.quick-measure.com/qm.htm

Posts: 407 | Location: Olive Branch, MS | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure seems expensive for what you get. Doesn't cut long-grain powder? Whoopee, neither does my $20 Lee Perfect.

One handed operation is nice, but I wish that they would specify and guarantee the accuracy. So far, I think Joe at RealGuns has proved that whether you spend $225 or $60 you get the same results.

Well, at least have an OK day Smiler

Posts: 242 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
dla, I've been using one of those Lee Perfect powder measures to throw charges a grain or so less than what I want and then trickling up the rest of the way. Though it seems cheap and shoddy, it does a very commendable job and I've been pretty happy with it. Like you say, it doesn't cut long grain powders.

I was just curious about the Quick Measure. I'm thinking about getting away from weighing every charge on my Redding beam scale to save time and was wanting to find out whether this measure was as accurate as they claim. Another option I'm considering is the RCBS Chargemaster scale and trickler combo.

Posts: 407 | Location: Olive Branch, MS | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the Quick Measure, a Harrells and a Lyman 55. I find the Quick Measure to be a tad more consistent than the Harrells. It is well made. I bought it hoping it would dump Goex Fg better than my other measures. Although the company states that it does throw Black Powder, all of their tests were done with FFg. I haven't tested it with FFg but I found out real quick that Fg won't work with it at all. The company owner told me that if it didn't throw Fg that he would refund my money.
However, I liked how it worked with smokeless and decided to keep it.

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote