New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lock n load
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Im just starting out and have bought a used Rockchucker and partner press. Im thinking of buy the lock n load system to put my presses.
Do any of you use this or have you tried this?

posted Hide Post
I use a Hornady single stage Lock 'n Load press and am very happy with it. I've got their bushings for all my dies, and you just pop them in and pop them out....they're set. This is my first such press, but I'm extremely happy with it.

PEACE--Through Superior Firepower

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have my Rockchucker supreme set up with them and it is great. 2 second die change outs, and seem to make ammo with less run out with less 'tuning' of the dies needed.

I always use the ingenious 'Kraky' method for setting up my dies!

If you do a search, you can find his wisdom!

I highly recommend the Lock-n-Load die system.

Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are talking about the lock-n-load single stage, I've heard they are good presses, but have no firsthand experience. I was given a lock-n-load progressive a few years back. Stay away from it. Piece of junk IMO. The powder thrower sticks sometimes, leading to some cases with little powder and the next gets an almost double charge. The shellholder plate frequently loosens during operation and has to be tightened. Also, the timing of the press gets off sometimes so that the case enters the die off center and you have to stop and turn the shellholder plate by hand until the case can freely enter the die. It has gotten so that all I use is my Rockchucker press. I guess I can't complain too much, as it was free. If I were going to invest in a progressive, however, I would go with a Dillon.

posted Hide Post
Hey Molar, I'll pay the shipping if you want to get that piece of junk out of your basement. Smiler

Posts: 16 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote