New
Find
Notify
Tools

where to buy?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Where is the best place to buy an 8lb of H4350? Is there a hasnet fee on powder? thanks capt david troll

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds. Get closer!

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Powder Valley has about the best prices and they are great to deal with. You will pay a Hazmat fee on powder and primers, ON TOP of the shipping costs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerI don't know how far you live from a sportsmans warehouse but you will save both the shipping and the Hazmat charge. The are several in Texas. I know there is one in Dallas and I can get 8 LBS of IMR-4064 for $106.00 tax and all, and out the door you go. Check on the net for Texas location of Sportmans warehouse.

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerAlso the 30/06 will kill them for sure and on out to 800 yards. My neighbor shot a buck at 690 big steps with a winchester rifle using a 150 grain Remington bronze tip. The old 30/06 is being over looked these days for some glory calibers but it still shines all the way round.

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blob1:
SmilerAlso the 30/06 will kill them for sure and on out to 800 yards. My neighbor shot a buck at 690 big steps with a winchester rifle using a 150 grain Remington bronze tip. The old 30/06 is being over looked these days for some glory calibers but it still shines all the way round.

The 30-06 Springfield is not being overlooked at all. It's still the most popular big game cartridge.

As to it being a 800 yd cartridge I feel that it depends upon the rifleman.

I would limit myself to under 400 yds with one.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
captdavid,

You might want to look at Natchez Shooter's Supply, they were having a great sale on powder a few months back but, I'm not sure what their prices are right now.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Forget that Natchez suggestion, I just looked at their sight and they were quite high now.

Powder Valley looks like the place to shop.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steel Slinger
posted Hide Post
I agree with Blob1... There is a Sportsmans Warehouse not far from where I live, and their prices are awesome. Very good selection of components and accessories too.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/stores.htm

FiSTers... Running is useless.

Posts: 315 | Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Graf reloading on line.

Posts: 395 | Location: West Coast | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote