THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    35 Whelen + Rem 750 Auto + Ca grn bullets = Best load

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

35 Whelen + Rem 750 Auto + Ca grn bullets = Best load
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dirtydave1
posted
I'm getting ready to do some hog hunting here in Calif, and was curious if anyone has loaded for the 35 Whelen out of the Rem 750 Auto yet. I will be shooting either 200's or 225 Barnes Grn bullets. If anyone has some helpful advise, please don't hold back.
Thanks for looking
Dave

Question:
What is the best load for this rifle?

Choices:
Is the 200 better?
Is the 225 better
Which bullet will stabalize out of this 20" bbl?

DAVE'S SNOW BLOWING
FASTEST SNOW BLOWING BUSINESS IN TOWN
JUST WEST OF DEATH VALLEY CALIFORNIA
BAKERSFIELD, CA.
CALL 661-900-JAIL//dirtydave1@aol.com
Shoot first....Ask questions later. Never tell I.A. anything.
I Intimidate those who Intimidate others.

Posts: 361 | Location: BAKERSFIELD, CA, | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see no problem with stabilization with either bullet in the (I think) 1 in 16" twist in your rifle. My mauser custom in .35 Whelen has a 1 in 14" twist and the 225 gr. Barnes was a tack driver. Considering the construction of the barnes bullets, I do believe that the 200 gr. bullet would be more than sufficient. The only reason i went with the 225 gr. bullets in nobody in town had any 200 gr. bullets. The 200s will o a bit faster is that's any consideration, but to be honest, either weight would work just fine.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dirtydave1
posted Hide Post
Paul.......Thanks for the input. I think I'm leaning toward the 200 as I'm sure it will be more than enough. If all works out, maybe I'll post a pic of a dead hog on one of the forums!
Dave

DAVE'S SNOW BLOWING
FASTEST SNOW BLOWING BUSINESS IN TOWN
JUST WEST OF DEATH VALLEY CALIFORNIA
BAKERSFIELD, CA.
CALL 661-900-JAIL//dirtydave1@aol.com
Shoot first....Ask questions later. Never tell I.A. anything.
I Intimidate those who Intimidate others.

Posts: 361 | Location: BAKERSFIELD, CA, | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote