THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    What case trimmer do you use and how easy is it to set up?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What case trimmer do you use and how easy is it to set up?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
sksshooter says,
quote:
...so like homebrewer, I welded a wrench to it.

I tighten mine down to just snug by turning the handle on my pencil sharpener-based, hand-powered lathe thing. Never had one get loose. I can trim and chamfer a case in 24 seconds. When I scrape the crud from the primer pockets, I open the drill chuck to almost maximum, put the case in mouth first and tighten the chuck by hand to just snug enough to hold the case. Then I use my RCBS primer pocket brush to scrape that stuff out in about three revolutions. The chuck will stay set such that I can pop cases in and out of it about ten to twelve times before it loosens. To uniform and chamfer the flash hole, I secure the RCBS primer hole uniformer into the chuck and zap those through in just a few seconds. If I had a half-inch chuck instead of the 3/8-incher you see there, I could do .30-06 brass and the like...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
would i benifit from uniforming the flash hole? i just bought the rcbs case prep station and have 1 station open on it that i thought about adding a flash hole tool to but thought it was one of those things that is not really needed.

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I uniform the flash hole on cases that I will load for accuracy ammo. I do it in the 300WSM ammo that goes through my target bitch. I do it in the Winchester brass I use in my target ARs and my T/C Encore, which shoots very accurately. I've only done it once, but I shot a .076-inch, three-shot group with the T/C from 100 yards, from a Sinclair machine rest and a Protektor 13B bag. I do not uniform the flash hole in my .223 plinkin' ammo. I do not uniform pistol ammo.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote