New
Find
Notify
Tools

30 Herrett Encore Load Help???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey all, I just picked up a T/C Custom shop Encore barrel chambered in 30 Herrett. Cool

I have on hand a supply of the 125 Nosler Ballistic Tips, and could use a little help with load data to get me started.
I did a search on the forum and came up pretty thin...

I have the following suitable powders available:
H110
H4198
RL-7
Of these, the RL-7 and H4198 are the powders I'm most interested in getting data for...

I am not opposed to buying more powders, but could use data for these in the short term.
Anyone out there have any data you'd share for these powders and the 125 NBT??

Thanks a bunch!
Jeremy

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."

Posts: 411 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: 10 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm relying on 27.5grs of aa1680 as the propellant of choice for my 30HRT (herrett rimless) ar15

Using formed Hornady 6.8spc cases I'm achieving close to 2650 fps with 125grn prohunters from my 20" tube. Accuracy is best described as phenomenal

IMO h110 is too fast and RE7 is too bulky to achieve top performance, H4198 I have no experience with. look for 7.62x39 load data as another more common source for load data provided you perform due diligence and exorcise caution with your load workup

Posts: 329 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Krochus, much appreciated!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."

Posts: 411 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: 10 September 2007Reply With Quote