New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Midway Service
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On Tuesday I put in an order at Midway for 300 H&H brass, which normally 99% of the time they ship it the same day.

Next day, order is "on hold".

So I call and ask why? Well, your 300 H&H brass is here but not on the rack yet for shipping.

BUT, we WILL ship it today.

Thursday, it is still on hold. Darn, I wanted that brass to load and shoot this weekend.

So I called again, and the nice girl I spoke with agreed. So she went over and got my brass off a cart, and shipped it UPS overnight at no extra charge so I would have it today.

If only the airlines would have customer service like Midway, Cabela's, and Leupold.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gary Surko
posted Hide Post
Back a few years Midways service was always like that. My buddies and I would be amazed at how fast our orders would arrive. Not so any more. Seems there always out of stock or backordered. Watch em on those backorders they will flease you for shipping a couple of times if you don't watch.

Political correctness offends me.

Posts: 668 | Location: Hastings, Michigan | Registered: 23 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SC_Gunner
posted Hide Post
All of my transactions with Midway have been pleasant experiences. It really seems to me that the Potterfield's have done and still are doing a lot for the shooting community and the preservation of the 2nd Amendment. ~ Marc

Posts: 46 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 29 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've always had great service from Midway.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you order over the internet you can tell if the item is on back orderand they will charge you extra shipping for the item. They also have a minimum shipping which is quite high. Knowing this I avoid backorder items and put them on my wish list. Otherwise I have always received excellent service from Midway and delivery usually before the expected delivery date.

Posts: 40 | Location: Maine | Registered: 04 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of squeeze
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the great service from Midway.
I have read some disparaging reports of
a decline in Midway's service, but I have yet to
experience that. Until I have first hand
experience with Midway, and poor service, they will
continue to be one of my first stops for shooting
supplies.

Squeeze

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Posts: 201 | Location: Wis | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I have never had an issue with them. I place all my orders online. I can tell if it is in stock. If not I have the option to wait or backorder knowing there will be extra fees.

I like placing the order at noon getting an email around 5:00PM saying the order is shipped and having it on my door two days later.

I've had two returns both times they were credited to my card the day after they were received.

If you don't like their shipping go to Grafs (free shipping) service not quite as good and guess what slightly higher prices to cover the shipping. Bottomline always seems to work out pretty darn close.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had very good service from Midway since I began to use them back in 2000. I had customer service rep call me last week on an order that I had placed that was late-my shipping request fault, I did not and thought I had used Priority Mail-it went USPS. It took alot longer, as I went about placing my order online I spaced my shipping preference. I posted a message to them online some time after the order was placed and the same day like 2 hrs. later they had given me a phone call and we discussed my shipping method-now that is customer service.

I think Pottersfields concern for his customers is up to speed and first rate. My first to go to "online" reloading purchases. May of had one item or two placed on "back-ordered" but I new that when I placed the order. As far away as I live and no near store close by Midway has done an outstanding job for me.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Midway did a great job, but I had to send the Lee dies back, as they had a burr in the neck that ruined the cases.

"The bitterness of poor quality lasts much longer than the sweetness of low price."

I should have known better, but just could not resist it.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how Midway finds out but they will remember your birthday and offer discounts for that month.
Shipping charges are bad with any company today and keeps me from ordering a lot of stuff because shipping costs exceed the price of most items. The high wages paid to UPS and Fedex drivers plus fuel charges really raises our cost. However, those drivers work HARD for the money. I only begrudge the millions that the CEO's rake off.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Midway doesn't always give 100% customer satisfaction. A case in point: I ordered a 12VDC power plug for my Brunton Atlas NMS GPS. I received the wrong one. I attached a digital pic of the plug to illustrate how it is impossible to fit my receiver when I emailed them about the problem. Never got a reply. Finally called them to find out how to proceed. Found out they have some sort of filter that blocks emails with attachments!

I sent it back with an explanation that the package was labeled correctly, but the contents was not correct. It took a few days to get my VISA credit, but nothing to cover my shipping expenses for a problem that was not my fault. I had to call again to plead my case for $4.10 Priority Mail. They grudgingly reimbursed me. I thought better of asking them to credit me for the 25 cents a minute for 2 phone conversations that seemed to drag on forever.

And I wouldn't be surprised that they didn't heed my complaint and just put it back into stock so some other poor sap can get frustrated by a wrongly labeled package.

I seem to get better service from Lisa Hulbert at Graf's.

bfrshooter,

Didn't you have to complete this to purchase certain items? We need your date of birth because certain products may only be purchased if you are over the age of eighteen. That's how they found it out!

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered from Midway once and there was a box you could check to get a free catalog. I got a "Free" catalog but it cost me $3.00 extra shipping.
BTW the company that I work for also ships a lot of stuff. They get about a 50% discount over what you and I pay for shipping. I am sure Midway does too.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's those hidden costs where it says "and handling" that really gripes me. They charge for the box, tape and filler but I think they are also getting us to pay the packer's wages at the same time.
I have bought huge machines for lawn care where it took a few guys a week to make the crate and bolt everything into it and never payed more then the freight. Yes, the profit is higher on the item but they don't hide the charges behind that "handling" crap.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just checked the "status" of my returned Lee dies, and found that Midway has given me credit for the dies and the $5.95 I paid for postage to return them, AND are shipping me the replacement Redding dies at no postage charged.

I only paid the difference in the price to upgrade to Redding.

Now I think that is pretty darn fair.