Notify
Tools

Flattened primers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 416RigbyHunter:

I believe slamfire is correct, greased, lubed or oiled cases DO NOT INCREASE pressure. A lubed, greased or oiled BORE does, as I have tested this fact on my Pressure Trace. I am yet to test greased cases/chambers, but hope to do so early next year when I'm less busy.

wave

First off "NATO" testing is nothing more than the European CIP testing methods, the equivalent of the American SAAMI.

In the U.S. we only fire one "dry" proof pressure test round. In Europe they fire two oiled proof test rounds. And if the rifles headspace increases over .002 to .003 the rifle fails proof pressure testing.

It has already been proved that a lubed case increases bolt thrust. And it has already been proved if the lube on the bullet and chamber is squeezed forward it increases chamber pressure.

And if you think your Pressure Trace system is more accurate than direct transducer pressure readings you are sadly mistaken.

Bottom line there are a lot of "experts" telling people its OK to lube your ammo and "NONE" of these "experts" have the test equipment required to make this statement.

Your Pressure Trace system requires a cartridge of a known pressure to calibrate the system to be accurate.

I will mark you down as another "expert" lubing cases who needs to do more reading before making any more statements contrary to the firearms industry, and the reloading manufactures.

The information I have posted is directly from the firearms manufactures and reloading manufactures. And your going to tell me I'm picking on SlamFire. Yeah right buddy you and SlamFire are experts and the rest of the world knows nothing about the subject. Roll Eyes