THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    On line hourly wheather prediction with wind speed

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On line hourly wheather prediction with wind speed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking at the wind prediction hour by hour to decide when to go to the range.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin/local_radar.asp?partner=accuweather&nav=home&type=loop&nxtype=R1&nxsite=ksea
on the left side of the page, type YOUR RANGE'S ZIP CODE and click on "go".
In the center of the page, in the "Today" box, click on "Hourly weather"

It says the wind here at my home that the wind speed is about twice what it is, and I am near trees and on top of a mountain that is in the middle of a lake. So that wind speed must be for some distance off the ground or over water. The range is also between tall trees.

I only go to the range when the wind speed is 3 mph or less at the ground, so the wind speed prediction must be 6 mph or less. That means I have to get up early in the morning and shoot at first light, kind of like going fishingSmiler

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.Regards.

Posts: 58 | Location: Charlotte,NC,USA | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have three new rifles to try, with the ammo loaded up and ready to go.

One of the rifles is my own wildcat and is my first rebarrelling job.

And yet, I have been waiting for 2 weeks for the wind to dieFrowner

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote