New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Little Scandinavian Help Please
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Metrix and I have gotten together and bemoaned the lack of European components in our neck of the world. So we're thinking, someone on that side of the pond can help us out with what's available, how much it costs, and how do you get it from Europe to Canada. Specifically, 9.3 bullets from RWS and Norma (especially the Oryx bullet), 9.3 X 57, 9.3 X 62, 9.3 X 64, 9.3 X 72R and 9.3 X 74R cases and Norma powders. Web sites we can go to, people to deal with, any help at all. We realize these are common components over there, but here they are scarce as hen's teeth. Of course, anything reciprocal we can help you with, is a given. Thank you - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan...
I really dont know if they do any overseas dealing, but our main reloading shop in Norway is
parabellum.no
Their catalog is on the net, but only in Norwagian.
Anyway...drop them a line on their e-mail adress, and I�m sure they respond.

Posts: 1880 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Dan, both Waffen Frankonia and Kettner are huge German mail order firms having subsidiaries throughout Europe. Look up their websites.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Made in Sweden>
posted
I�ve had this conversation with some other guys, and I have promised to help with exactly those things if ever needed... I can get you 9.3x62/57/74 cases (maybe 64) and all Norma powders (if shipping is approved) and definitely Norma bullets (hopefully someday soon also the new 286 grain bonded Norma)
Just make up a list and I�ll se what I can do and how we should take care of the moneytransactions.

<Made in Sweden>
posted
I checked with Norma in Sweden and they say the Canadian distributor should be able to help you with all those things. The company in Canada has previously only sold Norma components for military use, but are now introducing a sporting division. The adress is:

R. Nicholls Distributors Inc.
F.N. Sports Divis
2475 de la Province
Longueuil
Quebec J4G 1G3

Phone: +1 450-442-9215
Telefax+1 450-442-9581
E-mail: info@rnicholls.com

Good luck!!
/Peter

one of us
posted Hide Post
The 9.3 oryx is being changed from 232gr to 286gr. Stock of the 232gr is being wound down and is likely only at the factory in Sweden (less the 500 bullets I just received [Wink] ) 286gr are not in stock yet.

I have had to get stuff from the continent - our importer is Dynamit Nobel who are so unhelpfull it is a joke - minimum orders of 3000 etc. My bullets were got from my suppliers continental contacts and he at least gets stuff from the US all the time.

The e mail adress is [sales@reloadingsolutions.com]

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Made in Sweden>
posted
As I heard from Norma the 286 grain Oryx will be available as a component sometime in September or early October.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I will check with the Canadian distributor, perhaps things have changed. Loke the Englaish distributor ours had absurd minimum lot sizes etc. Made in Sweden, we will probably take you up on your kind offer. Thanks. - Dan

one of us
posted Hide Post
If i can be of any help with your problem concerning 9,3X74 cases, Powders and bullets let me know.
I frequently order from cabelas myself and as soon as my "toys" cross the danish border 25% sales tax and up to 20% customs duties are added to my order amount. So I could definetly use your help the other way. It is easily done, I have cabelas send my stuff to you and you pass it on to my adress as a gift. Abra cadabra... No taxes.
And besides that.. no folish restrictions.
I have good connections to the scandinavian agent for Frankonia, so anything they have is easily retrieved.
I shoot the 9,3x74R in a tikka 512 (Valmet 412 and 512) myself. From RWS bullets I have found that only the TUG 296grs. is worth the while. I Took a mose with that one a year ago. Oryx is a mere copy of Woodleigh weldcore and not a better one. so my recommdation would be to contact a canadian or U.S dealer for that bullet.

There is nothing illegal in the service I ask in return, just a "go around the normal channels", So Let me know if I can help you. [Smile]

Posts: 389 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I still haven't heard anything from the Norma rep here. There service really is bad here. well, i'll give him a couple more days, and then I think we'll take a couple of you gents up on your offers. Niels, I'm not sure if Cabelas is still shipping to Canada. They used to, but after 9/11 i don't know. I'll check on their site. Thank you - Dan

<JOHAN>
posted
Contact sinclair international or Huntingtons and see what they can do. Both companies are distributing Norma components in USA. I made business with both of them and they are extremly helpfull. Ask for Buzz Huntington, he's a true stand up guy.

I guess the 9,3 is the European that will be the next one to make it on the north american market. 8mm have not been doing to well, hope the 9,3 will do better [Eek!]

RWS are opening up a new office in USA, I suggest you look them up. RWS wants to enter the North American market, but the local producers are not very keen on letting they european brand in [Mad] [Mad]

Cheers

/ JOHAN

[ 08-17-2002, 01:28: Message edited by: JOHAN ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still haven't heard anything from the Norma rep here. Their service really is bad here
Their service is poor here too. And Oryx is not a better bullet than Woodleigh.. buy Woodleigh. Through Huntington's for instance.

Cabelas do ship to Canada, maybe not reloading components, but don't worry I would help you anyway.

K&B

Niels

Posts: 389 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Niels and everyone else. Metrix and I are tracking down all the dealers in Canada right now to check their situation. The Alberta rep finally answered my emails, but he says he'll only handle brass, no powder or bullets. Anyway, we're still on the trail, and we thank you all for the suggestions and offers. Take care - Dan

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, Norma markets fine products and their people at the Swedish factory are very concerned about meeting their customers satisfaction. I find it a shame that some local importers harm the product's rep. I therefore took it upon me to forward your complaints to my friend Lennart Falk, head of Mktg. at Norma /Amotfors (S).

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
As expected, Norma reacted immediatly. Here the 2 e-mails I already got back :
<<Hello Andre,
nice to hear from you again even if the message was negative.
Understand that Niels from Denmark?cannot get info from our Canadian
distributor? but I will inform our responsible man in Canada at FN Sports
-Nicholls Mr. Nick Manioudakis fnsports@rnicholls.com about the question
and I feel sure that he will give Niels a satisfactory answer.
If there other questions please let me know to help to serve the customers
in the best way.
Kind regards,
Lennart

Hi again Andre,
I am confident that our distributors do what they can to serve in the best
way but sometimes they cannot really meet with the inquiries for various
reasons.
As you note our distributors react very quick if they get the message.
Hope to have been at your service
Lennart>>

Keep shaking the -local- trees, the coconuts will come down [Big Grin]