Find
Notify
Tools

280 Remington
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cary Howard
posted
I did a search to try and find some different loads for my new 280 Remington build, but I'm not having much luck. I have several boxes of 168grn and 180grn Berger bullets on my shelf, so I'd like to use them if possible. I know the 168's would work but I'm not sure if the 180's are a little too hefty or not. My rifle will have a 26" Criterion barrel. I have an 8lb jug of IMR4831 that I really need to use if possible, but also have 3 jugs of H1000. Do any of you guys have a good pet load that you would be willing to share?

Posts: 210 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Email Berger, they'll send you the data they have.

http://www.bergerbullets.com/I...on/FAQ.html#loaddata

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
More familiar with those weights in .30 caliber cartridges. Data is gonna be scarce or very specific. Good luck.

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Remington mountain rifle in .280Rem. I have some Hornady 175gr Interlocks that shoot well. I would have to look at how much, but i'm using IMR4350.

The great thing about this load is that it shoots exactly 1.5inches low compared to my deer loads of 154gr interlocks.

I know that my 175gr Interlocks aren't a great comparison to your 180gr Bergers though. Good luck.

Life's too short to carry a gun that you hate!

Posts: 46 | Location: In Pennsylvania, wishing for more Silhouette Matches and friendly, woodchuck hating, Farmers in the geographic center of the state. | Registered: 04 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cary Howard
posted Hide Post
I emailed Berger and they sent data on the 168 grn but didnt reply about the 180 grn bullets.

Posts: 210 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With Quote