New
Find
Notify
Tools

I.M.I. Brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone used either the .223 or .308 I.M.I. brass?I was wondering how it compared to Rem. or Win.

Posts: 281 | Location: N.E. Montana | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used the 308 stuff. It seems to be equal to either Rem or Win. The batch I have seems to be of good consistancy, with small weight variation. I'm quite pleased with it. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dan

Posts: 281 | Location: N.E. Montana | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I have also used the IMI .308 match brass in my M700. It seems to have about the same vol. as WW & is very consistant.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm useing 223 IMI brass for my Tactical 20 Encore, it seems to be very constistent.
Albert

Posts: 98 | Location: Kenova WV | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
wolfer

I have used I.M.I ammo and brass in 223, 308, 9X19 and it has been very consistent and very good accuracy.

I guess tha ammo is sold under the Samson brand in USA.

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
the 223 rims are softer than US brass, they get torn in semi-autos.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the IMI 223 brass to make my 6x47 brass as the necks are annealed and it seems to outlast anything else that I have used...I might suggest if the rims are coming off in a automatic it must be that batch of brass, or the fault is in the rifle as opposed to the brass...

Posts: 41996 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote