Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

358NM dies
 Login/Join

posted
Would like your opinion on Redding dies. I normally use RCBS, but at $117.00, I cant see the expense. Why so expensive?, they're a two die set. Are the Redding dies good dies for hunting loads. Maybe another company? If I had the extra 100 I would get RCBS. Any Thoughts, THANKS BEARSLYR

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Redding are fine dies.....most of my dies are RCBS and a few Redding.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Redding dies are higher quality than RCBS.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my 358NM I use the Redding FL die set. In fact I'm slowly switching over all my dies from RCBS to Redding. I think they make a nicer die than RCBS.

Posts: 235 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 08 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

. . . In fact I'm slowly switching over all my dies from RCBS to Redding. I think they make a nicer die than RCBS.

Agreed.
I have had about fifteen sets of RCBS dies since '71 and until the last few years, though a lot of them.
Now, after having five or six Redding dies, I also think they are nicer and will probably continue getting the Reddings.

Posts: 588 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Redding it is.

There is no question.

Period.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback. Redding it will be. BEARSLYR