Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS .38 Wadcutter Dies
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted
Recently I bought a lot of old 38 Special stuff that came with a set of dies I hadn't seen before. They are RCBS 18307, 38 Wadcutter dies. I assumed they were just steel dies with a special seating plug. However, the sizer die is carbide, the expander plug is the decap die, and the seater dies has, of course, a plug made for WC. I've seen a few of them online (ebay and the such), but they're all essentially re-sellers that just put the price of a new die set on them to see if they will sell. Anything special about them or just an old discontinued set?

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the difference is in the seater the stem is longer and flat nosed - used to be fairly common 50years ago when bulleye shooting was popular

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just an old discontinued set. Have acouple of them. They just showed up. Many sets used to have the decapper in the expander. Just the way it was.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote