Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Best single stage press
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
I had the same doubt when decided to reload 375H&H and 416 RM ... did my own search and finally I decided for the new Rock Chucker Supreme
Never regreted my choice !!

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What single stage press has the most leverage... requires the least amount of effort to resize large magnum cases. Will the Redding Ultramag, RCBS Ammomaster, or Hornady 50BMG press work any better then a Rock Chucker?

Posts: 18 | Location: Florida | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Large magnum cases are easy to FL size or even size for case forming. A smooth die and decent lube is what you want.

I use an RCBS A2.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted Hide Post
John
I think you might want to look at C+H's 50 caliber press for the best leverage! It uses a rack and pinon stystem and operates with every little effort.Here is the link to them.also they are a great bunch of people to do buisness with in MHO.I can drive there in 45 minutes and like the service they have always have given me!
http://www.ch4d.com/

muskrat
live to shoot-shoot to live!

Posts: 287 | Location: central ohio | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

What single stage press has the most leverage... requires the least amount of effort to resize large magnum cases. Will the Redding Ultramag, RCBS Ammomaster, or Hornady 50BMG press work any better then a Rock Chucker?

......Untill the size gets to the 50bmg size I haven't had any problems with the Rockchucker.....but the Redding Ultramag does have slightly better leverage and ramtravel length....I haven't used/seen the new Rock chucker supreme but according to articles it is mainly the same press with larger cartridge length and ram travel for the extra long cartridges......I would look hard at the Ultramag if the 50bmg isn't in your loading plans.....hth good luck and good shooting and loading!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
By far the best leverage is the Forster Coax.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote