New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to reloading
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for guidance in reloading.For all intense purposes I need to ask some questions. For those of you I may have offended earlier I apologize and would like to start with a clean slate. It was a total misunderstanding on my part on how to pose a question and where. So with that out of the way could somebody answer some basic questions any help would be appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure - let us know if it is handgun, rifle, cast bullets or shotgun.
I don't reload much for handguns. Some handgun shooters do not load for rifle etc.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
As SR4759 stated it would help to know what you are looking to reload for. Are you looking for loads, loading methods, equipment, etc. DETAILS

Don't worry everyone has made a post that has upset someone.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
no worries, cap! beer

give these folks some details, and they will steer you in the right direction. the wealth of knowledge here is pretty incredible and spans the globel so pretty much any firearm you have, someone will be able to help. tu2

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tas is right.. there is a wealth of reloading help here.... just give some details and we will do what we can to guide you..........

OBAMACARE HAS VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH HEALTH.....

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Capt,

I would recommend that before you buy a lot of equipment, pick up a good reloading manual and read the chapters on reloading basics, internal ballistics, etc.

I learned on the Hornady book over 30 years ago and was vcvery pleased with that. Other's have recommended the "ABC's of Reloading" and even Lee's "Modern Reloading".

These will give you a good basic understanding of the theory and basic processes of reloading.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted Hide Post
Some people prefer to learn in a classroom setting with a hands on experience under the supervision of an instructor. If you are looking for something like that, sign up for the NRA Basic Metallic Reloading Course. I have been teaching them for years and many like to get started that way. Check with your local club or shops that sponsor them. The NRA Education Dept. also lists classes in your area.

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote