New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Co-Ax owners ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Nope, have not had that problem (yet?). If it turns out to be a problem with the tube, Forster sells spare tubes - at a price, naturally
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
I've had it happen occasionally but not enough to have frustrated me enough to attack it for a fix. I have mine set up with a plastic tube on it instead of the jar for the spent primers, and that tube goes to plastic jug under the bench for the spent primers. Sometimes they hang up in the plastic tube. I thought that was what was doing it. I have a cut off motorcycle spoke I use to poke them down. About the only fix I could see would be to get a thinner walled tube that will provide more room in the channel for the primers.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Hey guys I`ve been useing a Co-Ax for a few years now and the spent primer tube on mine has a bad habit of jamming up with primers in the middle of a session.
Do you have the same problem?
Have you found a cure?
I deprimed 140 cases yesterday and stopped 4-5Xs to poke spent primers out of the tube. I use a pipe cleaner to wipe out the tube, believing it`s crud in the tube that`s interfering with it but it comes right back. I don`t want to run cleaner or other liquids down the tube if I don`t have to, for fear any dampness will make it worse.
I love the press but, I`m getting a bit annoyed with this little quirk.........

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Try blasting it out with something aerosol and highly evaporative; like Gun Scrubber, etc.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So true! Apart from when the drop-tube jams up, the primer collection system of the Co-Ax actually works a champ! Very clean, very efficient.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I first got mine it used to really jam up at the top of the tube. I beveled the inside of the tube with a drill bit and the problem was resolved..sorta of. It will still occasionally jam but it eventually clears itself.

posted Hide Post
Try cleaning with regular rubbing alcohol.. It cuts thru crud, and evaporates on contact.. I use it alot to make sure the oil is cleaned out of my M/L before a hunt. D451

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you guys had Lee Reloader presses, you could have spent primer all over the floor under the bench like meSmiler

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
RSY thanks, I didn`t think of useing gun scrubber. I`m going to give it a shot and see how it works. I`m sure it`s primer residue in the tube causeing my troubles and I am trying to avoid adding to the problem with something that will collect grit.

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for about 3 years now and I have never had the spent primer tube jam up. Of course now that I have said that

Over all I have been very happy with the press, though a little more clearance over the top of the dies wouldn't hurt. I had to shorten the adjustment screw on my Hornaday 458 Lott seating die by about 1/4 inch to get it to clear.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote