Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use(d) IOSSO brass cleaner?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted
This product caught my eye in Cabela's shooting catalog. Any experiences, good or bad, with this product? Is it re-usable? If so, how many times. etc.?

Thanks, all,
RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Use it as directed and it will make your brass beautiful! Very slick too. Takes time though. Cheaper at the local supermarket in the cleaning section.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger Rothschild:
Cheaper at the local supermarket in the cleaning section.

Great. And what exactly would I be buying in the cleaning section?

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger may be thinking of regular brass polish, when what I think you are asking about is the liquid case cleaner. It works pretty well. It makes you mess with the cases a little bit more than a tumbler, (rinsing, drying etc.), but basically does the job. It is reusable over and over again, and dosen't bang up carefully prepared case necks as I worry a tumbler will do....ol blue

Posts: 373 | Location: USA | Registered: 05 December 2000Reply With Quote
<Shotone>
posted
I've been using a small quantity of Brasso in my vibratory case cleaner. You can get it at larger grocery stores, Wal-mart, Long's, etc. Don't use too much or it cakes up and gets stuck in the cases. Also, remove the cases shortly after tumbling. I've left them in the tumbler for a week, and they start to get blotchy.

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
OKAY! I had a brain fart...it happens. Yes I was thinking of Brasso. I put a little dab on a small square of paper towel and rub on the case, then use a dry one to wipe off. It really makes them shine. I have only done this for cartridges I was going to go hunting with. I started using it out of curiosity but it really does make them slicker than lizard poop on a hot brass pole.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote