Find
Notify
Tools

Newbie's first recipe.(for this fall)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted
Finally got my buddy to teach me on reloading. Never thought it would be this enjoyable and exciting. Tried rl25 and 180 nosler's and just was not impressed with the group's, the speed was there , but i wanted better accuracy. So i ordered some new nosler 200gr. accu-bond's from out west and loaded them up with IMR 7828. This is what i ended up with : gun is a sako 300RUM. OAL.is 3.600", 200gr. accu-bond , 87.5 gr.'s of imr: 7828 powder, MV. was 3113fps. Shot a 5 shot group at 100yds. did good for 4 shot's at .825" group, the 5th. shot put me out to 1.53", I really think it was me that blew that, oh well. Going to stick with this load for this fall , as i'm gone moose hunt'n in 4 week's and don't have a lot of time to make thing's better.I do know what i'm going to be doing this winter. Hav'n fun reloading. Would like to thank all the guy's on this site for all the info, it has made reloading for me even more interesting. Thank's again: Rick. [Big Grin]

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
when you get the time,..go back to the RL25 with the 200gr pill and work it up. I got great groups and great speed with the RL25 and 200gr MK's.

Also give H1000 a try.

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My gun really liked the RL25 and 180 partitions. Just goes to show you that all guns are different. Once you settle on a good load, start playing with the seating depth. You'll notice that the more you get into reloading, the more variables you can test and play with. It's a never ending challenge...

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote