Find
Notify
Tools

dremel tool for primer pockets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steel Slinger
posted
I'm not fanatic about havine sparkling primer pockets, but I do like to clean them up a little and get the gunk out. I have been talking about getting a dremel tool to make this easier for some time now.

Got one for valentines day, but UH OH!, my rcbs primer pocket brushes won't fit into the chuck.

Who makes one that will fit in it? Or, does dremel have any bits that will work without damaging the cases?

Thanks

FiSTers... Running is useless.

Posts: 315 | Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look at the RCBS case mate. It has 5 gear driven stations that turn at reasonable speed and with adequate torque for most all case prep/cutting tasks.
muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you really want to use the dremel, get the jacobs chuck adapter.

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/attachments-and-accessories...8575&G=66442&I=66450

That one might work for you.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muck:
Look at the RCBS case mate. It has 5 gear driven stations that turn at reasonable speed and with adequate torque for most all case prep/cutting tasks.
muck

Ditto!!

One of the best investments I made on reloading tooling.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muck:
muck

Great have had it for ages and I would reccoemnd it whole heartedly.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Steel slinger, you can buy all sorts of small brushes from msc industrial supply. They are a little long, but can be trimmed to the length desired.
www.mscdirect.com

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote