New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swift Bullets and Fouling
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just got off the phone with "Jana" from Swift Bullets. I asked what they were doing to fix the fouling issue that many people here have reported in both the A-Frame and Sirocco.

Surprising me completely, she said they've "...never received any reports about fouling." I was prepared to hear what they were doing to fix the problem, including changes in the Sirocco to Sirocco II, but she said the new Sirocco II was exactly the same, except for some manufacturing changes.

I'm bafffled. Do we have problems with Swift's fouling, or don't we? I invited Jana to visit AR and review past posts and discuss it, but I don't know if she will. She seemed pretty sure there was no problem.

Jaywalker

Posts: 1006 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
People who have an opinion over the relative merits of 0.007 inches have no opnion over bore fouling? Hard to believe...

Jaywalker

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I shoot the A-Frames in my 30-06, 7mm Mag, 300 HH, 375 HH and 458 Lott. I haven't noticed amy significant fouling over other bullets that I've shot in those guns.

FWIW,

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They foul like crazy in my 416 Rem mag (Sako AV). They are also supremely accurate and deadly in that rifle, so I really don't care.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't really noticed a problem with the scirroccos' except I couldn't get them to shoot!
With all that long bearing area I would expect a little more fouling. I have a remington 25-06 that fouls like crazy no matter what I shoot through it....2-3 shots and the lands are covered in orange. Yet, that gun shoots anything really really well--even "dressed in orange". And it shoots alot of shots before it knows it can't shoot anymore. Possibly every gun is a science to it's own and fouling issues might be too. Considering the cost of the scirrocco's I'll probably be trying to get accubond 2nds and interbonds to shoot long before worrying about the new scirrocco's. However I have a .270 wby that loves A-frames and I love their performance.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I'll try them in my 6.5x55 Swede.

There certainly doesn't seem to be as much fouling concern as I picked up in a search of "swift foul," but that's good, so I won't complain.

It's just odd that Swift has "...never received any reports about fouling," based on those past posts. I guess the folks who get it just move on to something else.

Jaywalker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Swift 250 grain A-Frames shoot under an 1. in my 375 H&H.
Swift Shiroccos 180 shoot under .5 in my .300 Win Mag. loaded up to 3150 high pressure load
Swift Shiroccos 150 shoot under 1. in my .308 loade up to 3019 fps. Real high preasure load.
Swift Shiroccos 90 grain shoot like shit in my .243, 1:10 twist model 7 Remington. Gan get any groups under 1.5 inches. It may be the gun I could not get anything else to shoot any better.
Long shot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote