New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any other primer manufacturers?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It's getting really hard to find primers, with all the nutty politics and people buying anything in sight.
Other than CCI, WIN and Federal? Any other makers?
I find it hard to believe that someone else hasn't stepped in to fill demand.
And there sure is demand.
When Sportsmans warehouse sells out of 15 boxes of small pistol in one day. thats demand.

Is it really that hard to make them?
I don't think so. With some precision stamping equipment and the right ingredients for the charge. should be really pretty straightforward.

D

One of Us
posted Hide Post
May, or may not be a run on reloading components, but you can rest assured that the "industry" is gouging the consumer. Another reason is retailers routinely let inventory run low for tax purposes.

I would suggest looking for Wolf/PMC primers, but those have probably been snapped up too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by danev2:
It's getting really hard to find primers, with all the nutty politics and people buying anything in sight.
Other than CCI, WIN and Federal? Any other makers?
I find it hard to believe that someone else hasn't stepped in to fill demand.
And there sure is demand.
When Sportsmans warehouse sells out of 15 boxes of small pistol in one day. thats demand.

Is it really that hard to make them?
I don't think so. With some precision stamping equipment and the right ingredients for the charge. should be really pretty straightforward.

D

Suck it up, pay the Hazmat fee and buy on the internet. Tula - the Russian brand is selling primers in the US.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is Sellier & Bellot available in the US? I use their SR primers for the .222 Rem.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started buying in 5k lots via the net for the same reason. By combining with powder even with hazmat fee I can usually beat local store prices. There is also Tula,Wolf, Fiocchi and Magtech. I pretty much stick to CCI.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DUK:
Is Sellier & Bellot available in the US? I use their SR primers for the .222 Rem.

Yes. Graf had them listed in a sales flyer recently. But I think they were pistol primers.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought some Fiocchi small rifle primers recently. $35 for 1500 (they come 150 primers in each sleeve). Have not had chance to try them in my 223 loads yet.

Store also had Fiocchi small pistol primers.

Posts: 67 | Location: SE Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote