THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Primer measurement Specs Tula, Wolf Anyone ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm curious as to the actual measurement of Wolf/Tula which should be identical seeing as Tula is the manufacturer .

Does anyone have any Tula primers in LR and SR in particular, that could accurately measure and post those dimensions ?.

I would appreciate it !. Thanks ...

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Wolf SRs I have measure .174" x .118".

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Craigster ; Have you had issues with respect too seating ?. The reason I ask is a friend informed me of primers standing proud .

So I naturally became curious as to what was causing this aside from his using Wolf primers ( no one we know owns Tula primers as I would have like to verify their dimensions as well ). He has assured me his Winchester and Hornady brass are virgin , he only corrected length and turned necks didn't touch primer pockets .

Here's an interesting posting I came across .

http://www.jamescalhoon.com/primers_and_pressure.php

I also found a SAAMI Spec on primer pocket dimension as follows , If anyone has a different set of specs I would appreciate a link to that also .

Diameter an height of primers SR SP .175" .118 -.122 - LR LP .210 .128 - .132

I also found references of seating depth in relationship to case primer pockets of .003" - .005" below flush .

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No seating issues with Remington brass, have yet to use them in anything else.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
I have a couple K of the Muron LR primers and from what I understand it is the Muron factorn in Russia that manufactures the primers that are sold under the Wolf and Tulla brand.
The LR primers I have are .210 x .1285 (against .2095 x .1275 for WLR and .210 x .1245 for CCI LR)
I have loaded them in Win, Norma, Graff, Fed barss with good results.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.flame.murom.ru/en/Htmls/primers_free.htm Murom

Tula plant has subsidized or expanded operations they used to manufacture Wolf an nearly every other export brand of everything , as Wolf was a marketing entity and not a Manufacturer.

So now Murom produces primers and Tula produces a bunch of different Ammo brands , wise to separate the businesses lessens the change of an explosion accident .

Tula ( Tuljskaja Gubernija) was in 1891 a District or Province of European Russia. Previously, Tula belonged to the District of Moscow until 1777 . The District was about 200 km south of Moscow, and covered roughly 31,000 square kilometers with approximately 1.34 million inhabitants in 1882. The District was rich in natural resources such as , iron, and was very suitable for cottage industries. Tula, the capitol of the District was known to have areas of strong ore deposits situated quite near to it.

The first weapons factory in Tula , was established in1632.
The city was a prime location for rail access because of the river Upa and in 1882 had particularly good rail connections In the year 1896 armament makers with the aid of 1,400 machine tools could manufacture 913 weapons per day.

TULA ARMS PLANT
1 a Sovetskaja Str.
RUS-300002 Tula, RUSSIA
Fax: 011-70872-27-3439
www.tulatoz.ru Email: tozmarketing@home.tula.net

In the last years 19th Century the factory was extended because of the pending production of the three-line rifles and received approximately 1,400 new machines, mostly from France. In addition to the different army rifles, the Nagant pistol, other light arms and edged weapons, hunting rifles and ammunition was manufactured there.

Russian AK47 Factories
Izhevsk factory
Tula arsenal
Polyany arsenal

Russian Ammunition Mnufacturers
Vympel Enterprise profile. = Golden Tiger
The Tula Cartridge Works = Wolf
Klimovsk
Barnaul = Barnaul-RAM-Monarch - Bear
Ulyanovsk =Ulyanovsk-Sapsan - Bear
Novosibirsk LVE Plant Plc

Vympel State Production Association

Federal State Unitary Enterprise Production Association "Vympel" is a specialized enterprise engaged in the manufacture
of cartridges for military and sporting-hunting small arms. The Vympel State Production Association specializes in the manufacture of 5.45 mm, 7.62 mm and 9 mm cartridges for small arms. Cartridge production is based on unique and highly efficient technologies using special automatic rotary and rotary conveyer lines. The level of automation and mechanization reaches 93 percent.

Plant construction was started in February 1976. Its first stage was commissioned in 1982, and its completed flow line started producing cartridges in January 1983. The project production capacity reached target figures in 1985. In 1990 the plant was reorganized into a production association, which switched in June 1995 to the manufacture of 5.45mm cartridges featuring increasedpiercing power.

The Vympel State Production Association is an acknowledged leading manufacturer
in Russia of this type of ammunition. The Vympel-produced cartridges fully comply with most exacting requirements imposed upon ammunition by modern small arms development standards. In addition to cartridges, the association also manufactures industrial products and consumer goods of over 20 types and conducts intensive work aimed at expanding the range of goods and development of new production processes.

First the plant was designed as a strictly specialized enterprise
for 5,45 mm cartridge production on state customer's orders. The enterprise turned out first products in 1982; at the beginning of 1989 cartridge output reached the designed capacity.

In the early nineties, in spite of the depression of defence industry and, as a result of it, difficult financial and economic situation, the enterprise could master and carry out the production of several types of military cartridges including blank cartridge, cartridge with steel core bullet model 1943, pistol cartridge, cartridge with enhanced penetration bullet. The enterprise is proud of its 5,45 mm cartridge with armour piercing core bullet. At present this cartridge is the most powerful and effective one among cartridges of this type, it has no analogues in Russia and abroad. This cartridge excels cartridge with enhanced penetration bullet using by Russian armed forces in 1,5 times.

Shosse Mashinostroiteley 12,
Amursk, Khabarovsk region,
Russia 682640
Telephone: +7 (42142) 2-57-25;
facsimile: +7 (42142) 2-77-23
E-mail: post@vympel.amursk.ru

Found this while poking around ; Ulyanovsk Cartridge Works
Post by: sksrosie on November 13, 2009, 04:18:08 PM

Blasts rip through Russian arms depot.
Explosions rip through an arms depot in Russia's city of Ulyanovsk
Fri Nov 13, Ouch Friday the 13 Th. !. This more than likely explains primer production else where rather than in the Ammo plants .

Explosions rip through an arms depot in Russia's city of Ulyanovsk in this video framegrab from footage by operator Alexander Fouralyov for the local REN TV channel on November 13, 2009. At least one person has been killed and another 35 people are missing after a series of blasts tore through an arms depot in the Russian city of Ulyanovsk on Friday, local news agencies reported.

Ulyanovsk Cartridge Works

There is also a Soviet-era military arsenal at Ulyanovsk, currently producing small arms ammunition for export. Currently they export 7.62x39mm and 5.45x39mm rifle ammunition to the US in 20-round paper boxes printed with a camouflage pattern and the current importer to the US, as of late 2007, is "Wolf Ammunition" (previously it was "Sapsan" brand).

The Ulyanovsk plant has relatively new tooling, and Ulyanovsk ammunition is regarded as being much higher quality than Tula ("Wolf" in black boxes) and equivalent to Barnaul ("Brown Bear"), though not quite as good as Vympel ("Golden Tiger" brand).

There's No Shortage of Russian Manufactures or their factories capacity's We as consumers may never really " Know " who's brand we're getting . I've yet to have any Russian Duds as for their accuracy ?,in some of my relics that's a misnomer !!!.

salute archer archer