THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 Weatherby loding data with S365 powder?
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have 375 Weatherby loding data with S365 powder?

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my powder burn rate chart, S365 is bracketed by IMR4350 one place above it & H4350 2 places below it so I would guess you could safely start with start loads for these & work up for your rifle. Try going to Hodgdon & having a ferret around, they have loads for H4350 in there for pretty much the whole range of bullet weights.
Steve.

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Burn rate says nothing about density or energy per unit measure. Unless it is known that all of these attributes are shared by 4350, using 4350 load data is not indicated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got a better idea?? Roll Eyes
While I can agree that it would be unwise to directly extrapolate data from one powder to another as far as top loads were concerned based on burn rate, in this case I would feel totally confident to use the start loads, as I mentioned in my previous post, for a powder of similar rate, especially seeing as we're talking a fairly slow burning powder. Reloaders do this all the time when faced with data that is incomplete for their calibre, wildcats & obsolete powders.
Steve

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Bushbuck 1

Use .375 H&H data as a good minumum for your .375 WeM loads. I shoot a Brno re-chambered from H&H and have scads of loads worked out, including for RHINO's (but not with Somchem powders). Work up your loads -- a 4 to 5 grain spread ought to work, looking for pressure signs and chronographing speeds.

Mauritz Coetzee is a great source -- Pretoria gunshop (something like L&W).

My Somchem book shows S335 instead, but thats a pretty fast powder for what you want.

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bushbuck1, scroll down this page, GS Loads, it gives some start loads with GS custom bullets for a variety of powders, it may help you make your choice. Interestingly, AR2209 which is an Aussie made powder which is sold in the US as H4350 is listed the same as S365 , both of which are listed 2 grains heavier than H4350. Go figure Confused Theres some interesting info on these pages too.
Steve