New
Find
Notify
Tools

30 Herrett
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What do you people use to trim 30 Herrett cases back to max.case length? I use Lee gage in 308, 44, 30 30, 9mm and 300 Weatherby. They don't make one for the 30 Herrett. So what do I use to get them back to max. case length after shooting them?

<t_bob38>
posted
I use a Forster power trimmer in a drill press.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The question isn't what you use to trim them with, but what you use to gage the length. You know what do you use to keep them all at max.case length. I use the lee set up. It consists of case holder that can be chucked in a drill. Then you have the case lingth gage that fits in the case trimer. You insert the case in the case holder and then insert the gage and trimer into the case and turn it till it bottems out on the case holder then you are finised. The gage is the key it keeps the cases the same length. How does the one you are talking about work? How does it keep the cases at the same length?

<t_bob38>
posted
The cutter fits in the chuck and the shell base is held in a collet attached to the table. I use a dial caliper to set the micrometer stop on the drill press quill so they are all cut to the same length. I also use it when making cases for the initial trimming.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I Shooter,
Go buy yourself a Forster bench model trim kit, and you will throw the Lee crap away. The Forster is without a doubt the best universal trimmer made. Also buy the power adaptor so you can Use a drill to power it.

Regards, DLM

Posts: 26 | Location: Texas | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote