New
Find
Notify
Tools

wtk 25 Remington
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is anyone reloading this round. any source of brass dies etc. Thanks Elmer.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Redding and Hornady make the dies.

Loading data can be found at http://stevespages.com/257_13.html

Your big problem is going to be finding brass...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
jonboy has a ton of it...

email him at gunstop@mr.net

see www.gunstop.com

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brass is also available at Buffalo Arms; formed from 30 remington brass.

Posts: 421 | Location: Broomfield, CO, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been told that you can use 25-35 Win. loading data, but I don't know that for a fact, but it sounds very logical..Brass is made by necking down 30 Rem. to 25 Rem.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Depending on your rifle you may be able to use .25-35 dies AND data. When I was buying dies I remember there were several sources available. .30 Remington brass isn't hard to find and necks down easily if you use enough case lube. I have an old Remington model 14; it is a fun gun to shoot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. The Rifle is a model 30S Remington with a 12 x Target scope on it. I have found two boxes of factory ammo to give me a cartridge reference. I an going to get some Hornady dies. Found a company that has new brass that is headstamped 25 Remington. My old NRA handloader book has some loading data in it as well.
I plan to try several difference bullets weights and see what happens. Thanks. Elmer.

One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
Elmer, just saw this old post. How did your Remington 30S shoot? Any load data or reloading tips you'd care to pass on?
Just curious as I'm kinda Jones'n for another obsolete caliber to work with. I've always wondered why Remington didn't simply neck their .25 Remington down to .224" back in the '20's or '30's and offer the 30-S in a great varmint caliber.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use the same data found in most manuals for the 25-35. They are almost identical except for the rim on the 25-35. Some older manuals lump the 2 rounds together in the data - especially the old Pacific and Hornady manuals. However the .25-35 dies are not even close to the same shape so they will not work. I have the forming dies for the .25 Remington if you need a few formed.

You can make brass out of 30 Remington cases. It is ran infrequently so you might have to pay scapler's prices to get started.
If you are desperate someone could make it from 30-30 brass.
Dies, when you find them, are kind of on the expensive side. CH would be a good place to check for dies or scalpers prices again.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a new, never been on a gun 30-S Rem. barrel in 25 Rem caliber for trade or sale, it won't be particularly cheap as they are more rare than hens teeth, but would trade it for a new 7mm or 25 caliber Douglas or whatever..Would take $300 cash plus shipping.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I made a hundred rounds of .25 Remington for my inherited Model 14 many years ago out of fresh .30 Remington. Just one pass through the FL sizing die is all it takes. Neck thickness was fine. I loaded mine with 90 grain Sierra HP's with enough IMR 3031 to launch them at 2900 fps. The spiral-fluted magazine of the Model 14 allows the use of any bullet nose shape, but the Sierra hollow points with no exposed lead are a good choice since they won't deform.

Of course, bullet shape is not an issue with your Model 30. And, if you wish, you can afford to load to a bit higher pressures in a strong bolt gun like the 30.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote