Find
Notify
Tools

my "reloading bench"
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
[/IMG]

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very ingenious! Just goes to show what one can get away with.

Posts: 408 | Location: Johannesburg, RSA | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks for those good words.you are probably a shooting ballerina yourself

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn dude. If someone called me a shooting ballerina I would be ready to fight.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see that you also reload wine bottles

Is it safe to let for a 58 year old man run around in the woods unsupervised with a high powered rifle?

one of us
posted Hide Post
no,but wish i did.why do you say that?

one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
no,but wish i did.why do you say that?

He thinks your arbor press is for corking wine bottles!

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crowrifle:
Damn dude. If someone called me a shooting ballerina I would be ready to fight.

Aww Shootaway is from Quebec, so he is French... wadda ya expect? lol

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats what a reloading bench should look like.

Bob

Posts: 529 | Location: Harrison, Maine - Pensacola, Fl. | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by b beyer:
Hi, I'm Bob. I'm pictorally challenged.

what does that mean-does it mean you are having problems posting the picture?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I emailed the pic. to a friend and he posted it for me, adding the little note. Yes I am very computer stupid. When I saw how neat your bench was I realized that I am a little neatness challenged also.

Bob

Posts: 529 | Location: Harrison, Maine - Pensacola, Fl. | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kodak doesnt' allow hotlinking. Here's the pic again. The two are so similar, I'm only gonna post one of them.

Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
bbeyer,
I note an ash-tray at/on your reloading table. Hope thats not there during powder charge and measuring> Wink

Posts: 117 | Location: colorado springs, co. | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually I very seldom smoke in that room. The ashtray is used mainly for small parts that I use reworking things, I like to try to improve things, particularly reloading tools. Sometime it works out, other times I just loose another piece of finger. I suppose I could have removed the fingernail polish though. nobody is supposed to know.

Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ever notice that no matter how big your benchtop is, there is never any clear space?

one of us
posted Hide Post
nice reloading set up,alot of sunlight.,are those shooting trophies?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea, they are for shooting but just local stuff. As is said even a blind pig finds a truffle now and then. There is a lot of time and work involved in keeping the bench as messy as it is. I didn't realize how bad it was till I saw the pic. of the other bench on this thread.

Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like "neat and clean" went out the window.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is when it is clean.

Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like an accident waiting to happen. Stay focused and don't get the recipes mixed up. My pea brain can't handle all the clutter reliably. When I load the TV goes off, the wife is chased out of the room and I turn on clasical music and then I only have the components for the caliber that I am loading on the bench. It may be overkill but my stuff shoots good.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brasskeeper
posted Hide Post
whats the propane tanks for?

Posts: 135 | Location: Central Kentucky | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Propane tanks were for a futile attempt at annealing some 30X47 brass. Going to get one of Ken Lights machines, it's the ONLY way to get it right.
Dwight, I only load 3 ctgs. 30X47, 30BR, and one of my own. only have 2 or 3 powders here and all use the same bullet. No problem keeping them streight. I put my bench where it is so I could look out over the lake, gotta find somewhere else for the Kennedy boxes.

Bob

One of Us
Picture of brasskeeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by b beyer: gotta find somewhere else for the Kennedy boxes.

Send them to me lol!

Posts: 135 | Location: Central Kentucky | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that's a space saver like mine,nice NB

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope, no praise from me. That bench is a sure sign of a sick mind. I mean, where do you pile all the junk that you have to accumulate to be a real handloader? jumping

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey N.B. That is what mine looked like 45 years ago when I started this insanity.

Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogerK:
Nope, no praise from me. That bench is a sure sign of a sick mind. I mean, where do you pile all the junk that you have to accumulate to be a real handloader? jumping
Where ever there is room available.I reload at work and I need the space to store things.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where do you work that they let you bring powder into the building?

Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by b beyer:
Where do you work that they let you bring powder into the building?
I own the building.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I feel my mouth is going to get me in trouble here.So,let's stick to the bench.

One of Us
Picture of brasskeeper
posted Hide Post
Shhotaway: nice loading tools. how do you measure powder? I didnt see a scale.

one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
where do you pile all the junk that you have to accumulate to be a real handloader?

On the shelves above it, and the part of the room you can't see.

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brasskeeper:
Shhotaway: nice loading tools. how do you measure powder? I didnt see a scale.
brasskeeper,I got a rcbs scale that I bring to my desk and use a plastic spoon as a powder measure.I load them in front of my computer on my desk and then transfer them to the reloading press.I discovered that doing it this way was more fun than when everything was on my bench at home.I have a big closet in my office that I keep all reloading and shooting gear in.I even keep my guns here and take advantage of the business alarm system.