Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon Square Deal Commrnts?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Col K
posted
I was just offered a great deal on an assortmant of reloading supplies centered around a Dillon Square Deal "B" press. After looking into the details, I see where it will cost about $80 to change-out each additional caliber. Does anyone have experience with one? How difficult is the change between cartridges types? Thanks for any info and/or comments.

Posts: 350 | Location: GA by way of PA, OH, KY, TX, VA, and NC | Registered: 10 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gary Surko
posted Hide Post
It's very easy. Dies are a drop in type arangment. The SDB is a fine pistol loader.

Political correctness offends me.

Posts: 668 | Location: Hastings, Michigan | Registered: 23 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
The only neg/ on the SD is you have to use Dillon dies which means you are limited to calibers you can load. If you just want to put out a high vol. of quality ammo for a couple of calibers, it's a fine machine & worth the money.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
There are no neg. to the SDB as a pistol reloader, Dillon makes all the dies that are made in US pistols, change out is simple. and it flat cranks out ammo and the primer system work outstanding not like some of the other's.

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As a regular user of taper and factory crimp dies I would find it difficult to justify an SDB as those dies are not available for that unit. I'd go (and did) with a 550 instead. Have never been unhappy that I did.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I have six SDB's now, and all have a taper crimp die at the last station. One of my nephews did manage to break the 9mm unit, but I sent it back and they fixed it free.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 SDB's...They are great!

If you are a pistol loader only....It has no drawbacks.

If you want to do rifle cartridges in addition to pistol,,,then the 550 is the way to go.

Posts: 44 | Location: Key Biscayne, Fl | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote