New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blanks into 765 mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is it safe turning 30-06 blanks into 765X53 mauser? When I make 765 cases I end up cutting the neck off anyways, I was just wondering since I would be using 06 blanks. I dont have the cases yet but thought I'd ask before I buy them.

Posts: 528 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I think you will be fine. Did you know that you can buy the PRVI 7.65 brass from Graff's for $53 per 100?

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never checked. 1 more question, Lyman says to make cases 2.100 and Hodgdon 2006 manual says 2.080 wich would I go by? When I made cases before I trimmed to 2.080.

Posts: 528 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
53mm = 2.09375". Split the difference, it won't make any difference.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blanks are sometimes made with cases that do not meet quality standards for cases intended for bulleted loads. I would not for that reason use cases from blank ammunition to reload.

Posts: 410 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 22 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Where did that reference come from? I never heard that, and I have made hundreds of 30-06 brass from blanks.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunswizard:
Blanks are sometimes made with cases that do not meet quality standards for cases intended for bulleted loads. I would not for that reason use cases from blank ammunition to reload.

That rumor has been around for decades.

I Really don't think you well stop the production line to use reject casings.

I had many thousands of 06 blanks at one time converted the casings to regular rounds never had any trouble.

If you can verify your statement with hard facts I well change my thinking.

I never read anything in any of the arms manuals or any other records I have looked at over the years to verify that statement.

I did read some old gun writers saying so but that hardly makes it true.

Posts: 19582 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I have seen blank cartridges ( 06 LC or 7.62 x 51 LC ) that had a canalure type line around the case about half way between the shoulder and rim, what was the line for, to signify one time use case or what?

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1837 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried using Remington 30-06 brass to make 7.65 Belgian Mauser cases and ended up with thick necks with no room to expand.

I think I used 7mm or 8mm Mauser cases that were much shorter and the newly formed necks were not too thick.

If you use 30-06 cases you will end up turning the case necks. Plus cutting and trimming over half inch of case neck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made 765s outta 3006 brass by federal i didnt have to shave the necks. I got a 09 Argentine. I got the brass for cheap, thats what i was thinking of doing. 100 plus for 5 bucks.