New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best source for powder/primers online?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Getting ready to start shooting again in earnest when it finally cools down. Any recommendations for online powder vendors for the best prices. I'll be ordering several 1# cans and a couple of 5# cans as well.

I had found a place called '1st shooting supplies' that had alliant powder for around $16 for 1 lb and $73 for a 5 lb can, but can't seem to find their web address.

Powder valley seems to have decent prices, anybody dealt with them?

Midway and Natchez seem a little high for online, esp after paying for the hazmat charge.

My local gun shows have gone up to around $18 + tax. My local gun shops never have a decent variety and always seem like their out of my most needed powders (and they're 22 a can)

Jon

Posts: 165 | Location: mississippi | Registered: 12 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best prices I have found is at www.powdervalley.com , they are located in Winfield Kansas and they are by far cheaper than midway, cabelas, and the rest of them. Also their service is first rate.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of glockmeister71
posted Hide Post
www.wideners.com
www.powdervalleyinc.com

They both run about the same and with Widener's,you can check stock.Midway and Cabelas are way too high for online sales.I can't comment on Natchez,they won't sell to TN residents.They must be too lazy to charge sales tax.

Posts: 145 | Location: Knoxville,TN. | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glockmeister71:
www.wideners.com
www.powdervalleyinc.com

They both run about the same and with Widener's,you can check stock.Midway and Cabelas are way too high for online sales.I can't comment on Natchez,they won't sell to TN residents.They must be too lazy to charge sales tax.

Yep, Those are my two go-to-places for reloading supplies.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12713 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Originally posted by glockmeister71:
www.wideners.com
www.powdervalleyinc.com

Yep, Those are my two go-to-places for reloading supplies.

I buy a lot of bullets and cases from Grafs. I have a good local source for powders & primers, so don't have to order any.....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Powder Valley is a first class outfit, good prices and stand behind their sales.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of glockmeister71
posted Hide Post
That must be nice.Most of the time,all I use is Hodgdon powders and my local shop sells them for $22-25/lb.Ouch!

Posts: 145 | Location: Knoxville,TN. | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote