New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oehler model 11-61
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I picked up an old Oehler model 11 with model 61 skyscreen boxes in a trade yesterday but without the skyscreens. I have contacted Oehler and they were no help in getting a picture or even describing what the skyscreens should look like. Does anyone out there have a picture of a #61 box with the skyscreen set up that I can look at and maybe rig something up for these? I have an Oehler 33 so it's not like I don't have a chrono, but it's sort of like getting an old car running again. It just ought to be fun!
Thanks!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM me with your email address and I'll take some pictures of mine and email them to you. I used mine in tandem with my M35P and M43 a couple years ago to check them out, still worked fine. 1st time I used them since I got the M35P back in '90 after Oehler rebuilt the M61 sky screens. Got it new in '75 and used it a lot.

Larry Gibson

Posts: 1489 | Location: University Place, WA | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can't help you with the M11, but I have an Oehler Model 10 with paper screens Big Grin I use it along with my Royal adding machine and IBM Selectric to keep the stats on my shooting.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
clowdis

Got the PM and will get some pictures taken and emailed. Any particular view you want?

Larry Gibson

Posts: 1489 | Location: University Place, WA | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
Just need to see what the skyscreens look like and what I need to do to make some new ones. The model 61 boxes look to be in real good shape.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Email with photo's sent, let me know if you need any more or if you've questions. Glad I could help.

Larry Gibson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
Got the e-mail and really appreciate your help. These don't use skyscreens in the conventional sense and that is what I was wondering. If there is any information I can supply to you just let me know.
thanks,
Blair