THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Powder preference between Alliant ar comp and Ramshot TAC

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powder preference between Alliant ar comp and Ramshot TAC
 Login/Join

posted
Looking for info on both of these powders. I have ar comp on my shelf currently and have only loaded test loads, pending weather i will give those a whirl this weekend. I have heard and read some great reviews about the Ramshot Tac powder.

Info on how each meters, consistency, cleanliness of burn, and temp resistance would be great.

These will be loaded into 223/556 and 308/762

thank you

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting TAC but have not used the other powder you mentioned.
TAC seems to burn clean and meters really easy, I've not made any definitive tests as far as temperature is concerned but have not noticed a problem. I was shooting it the other day in the mid 20 degree range and have shot it in the low 90's. No difference as far as I can tell.
26 grains of TAC and a 55 grain bullet in .223 Rem seems to be a great load for my AR and a bolt action .223.
27 grains of Varget and 55 grain bullet was "slightly" more accurate.
I've also used TAC in my 400 Whelen with good results.
Hope this helps even though it's not a head to head comparison.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote