Find
Notify
Tools

Frontier/Hornady brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted
Maybe a dumb question but I have brass headstamped "Frontier" and brass stamped "hornady" both in 243 Win that came from factory ammo. Is there any difference besides the headstamp? Should I expect the same results when reloaded with the same data?

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Boilerroom,

I believe it is the same but, I'm not sure. If you weigh it, it should give you a good idea.

I've noticed that frontier brass weighs the same as win. brass. Kind of makes you wonder if it is the same.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
I have "heard" the following:

1. Frontier brass was made by Olin. (Also, you'll note that the typeface on the headstamp is the exact same as that on Winchester brass.)

2. The new Hornady brass is made in-house.

I can't verify the above, but my experience with the Frontier brass has always been good. And, I imagine the new Hornady stuff is top-notch, too. I've always liked their pricing, too. Cool

RSY

The real work of men was hunting meat. The invention of agriculture was a giant step in the wrong direction, leading to serfdom, cities, and empire. From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information. - Edward Abbey

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
The Frontier stuff isn't the best made by Olin.The New Hornady brass is some of the best on the market and costs twice what Win/Rem does.It is very consistant and requires very little prep. I wish they would expand it to more Cal.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
The Frontier ammo I have is still unfired and I can return it still or exchange it for some bullets. I don't see the point of wasting any cash if its not going to load the same. This is also why I can't weigh it withing out possibly wasting my funds.

Thanks all.

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote