Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another new guy question
 Login/Join

posted
Brief update, I haven't bought anything yet except a tumbler and a powder trickler that was on sale, the other question I have is what's the best internet store or brick and mortar store for equipment and supplies? Thanks for any and all responses . Steve D.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Grafs
Midway
Natchez
Mid South

Since I was born in Mexico, MO I've bought a lot of stuff from Grafs over the years. Love their flat rate shipping.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Do I glean you've now committed to the whole reloading hog, Sdec? Getting a tumbler and store-bought trickler would be so far down my list they haven't arrived yet Smiler

Posts: 5091 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes! Committed and all my brass is cleaned and ready to deprime , nearly 1000 rnds of .223 and about 300 rnds of .300 BO and the same for .40 cal. Getting ready to pounce! Lol

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sdec:

Now you need to stock up on the BIG ammo can's.
Otherwise you'll be hunting buckets to keep 'em in like some of the rest of us.

Try 30,000 loaded just taking up space and ten 5 gal buckets at least half full of various brass. Oh yeah, ten years from now you'll be in the same fix! Just fair warning in all.

Just a hint, get a coffee can and collect the dead primers in. I filled one a few years ago and sold it for brass scrap and got $38 for it! Hell, that bought a couple thousand primers before this last price gouging hit. At 3gr's each, figure out how many 59 lbs is!

Have fun and enjoy,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6010 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The only problem with some of the on line vendors is the outrageous shipping/handling charges (I was going to buy 100, 9mm bullets for testing from a large vendor. Cost, around $20.00, but shipping added $30.00). Shop for shipping costs and you'll find some that are reasonable. I just bought 250 9mm JHP bullets from RMR and got free shipping. Another added cost is some vendors have a minimum charge (one I used to deal with has upped the minimum to $40). When buying powder or primers I will go local if at all possible to get around the Haz-Mat scam...

My Anchor holds...

Posts: 20 | Location: Southern Oregon Coast | Registered: 03 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've bought Berry's plated bullets from Dillon Precision in the past, don't remember the shipping being out of line.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote