Notify
Tools

Hot Lot of H1000?...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
Any of you had hot lots of H1000?

I've never tried it until a few months back and I've found it to burn much hotter than any data I have shows. Maxing out w/ mild charges according to data, I'm talking low end to mid range charges. Tested it in two rifles w/ the same results.

Seems like the data on the bottle differs quite a bit from the data on their site. (For Example on their site their is a 7.5 grain difference for the suggested load for a 175 in 7RM vs. what's printed on the bottle).

Any of you experienced the same?, Maybe just a real hot lot.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reloder,

I think maybe you did get a hot lot. I started shooting H1000 out of my .300 Winchester Mag a couple of years ago and have had spot on success with the loads published in their #26 manual. It lists loads slightly hotter than what is on thier current website. When I found the load I liked I bought an 8 lb jug.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Hey Reloader

What caliber, loads and bullets were you shooting with the H1000?

The only H1000 I have loaded so far has been with the 300 win mag and the 200 gr Accubond. If you have done the same then we can compare notes and see.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ran into the same problem with H1000, but I was loading it in 7m/m Rem mag, not 300. The lot I had burned more like 4831 as I was several grains under max when pressure signs appeared. It is interesting to note that these pressure signs appeared long before I reached the expected velocity.
I've had trouble with RL 19 & 22 too, but when it's on, it's on. I can't say that about H1000 and haven't used it in years.

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Buckshot,

I found it to burn alittle like H4831 myself.

Woods, I can't remember exactly what the loads were w/o my data in front of me.

I do remember that when shooting it in 300WM under 178s I was maxing out around 77 grains a good bit under the 81+ grains I've seen in some manuals. W/ H4831 in the same rifle under the same bullets I can hit 75 grns w/o signs although I prefer 73-74 for the accuracy. In the 7rm I was well under some of the listed loads when shooting 150s and recieved stiff bolt and severely flatten primers. Heck, I was using data more towards the 175s they had listed on the bottle but, I now see the data on the bottle I bought doesn't match their website, not even close on the 7RM.

I do believe they must have put out a hot run.

Oh well, Probably couldn't hang w/ R22 anyhow Big Grin

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used a lot of H1000 in my 300 WN mag. 80grs with 180 gr NBT. All the stuff I used seemed to be consistent.

I miss hunting in B.C.

Posts: 84 | Location: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote