New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pact Digital dispensers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was wondering if anyone with an older Pact (or RCBS) digital powder dispenser and scale had sent the dispenser back to have the high speed conversion done to it? Was the upgrade worth the cost? How much did it speed up the process? I am usually dumping 45 - 75 grains when I use mine.

Thanks

Dennis

Posts: 321 | Location: Tulsa, Ok. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

For me it was worth every penny. Went from 20 - 30 seconds for 75 grain (actually 76 gr. RL15 for 270 gr. 375 H&H) loads to about 13 sec. Some times longer, some shorter. Seems it has to throw 2 to 4 test loads before it settles down though.

It IS quite a bit more "fussy" now to empty the powder out now as the baffle gets in the way. I empty most of the powder then remove the powder tube to get the remainder out rather than shaking the heck of the thing.

Hope this helps...

Roi

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love mine. It is fast and accurate. I will agree it may need a few throws to setlle down,..but after that, it cuts down load time significantly.

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How expensive is the conversion?

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
hello when i had my pact upgraded it was worth every dime huh..