Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a .380ACP bullet
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Mort Canard
posted
I am looking for a 90-100gr bullet for .380ACP to be used for paper punching and general plinking. I have been using the Ranier 95gr. leadsafe bullets but am a little less than impressed with the product. The accuracy doesn't match up with factory loads in my Walther PP and the bullets have a tendency to want to go into the case mouth slightly cocked. It doesn't seem to matter if I am using the Lee or RCBS seating dies.

I have been looking at the Berry's, Magtech, Meister or Hunters Supply bullets. I don't need a self defense hollow point, just an economical bullet to have some fun with.

The load is;
95gr. Ranier Leadsafe bullet
3.2gr Universal Clays
Win SP primer.

What works for you folks?

Mort

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

Posts: 567 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
I just got done loading about 1,000 rounds of 380acp using unique and Montana gold 95grain JHP's. They work good, although I haven't put them on paper, they sure work on bowling pins if I do my job.

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried the hunter 100gr in my berreta 70s and they were only ok. I got Meister 90 gr .380 bullets and they are all I could have hoped for. Not an SD load, but, I can hit beer cans at 30 feet consistanly (it's fun). 2.2 Gr Red dot and CCI SP primer. Starline brass. Like the PPK, the 70 series will bite you if you don't watch it. This is a fun easy accurate load. (Cheap too)
My 2 cents. rc

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Berry's .356" 100gr RN FMJ for plinking in my Colt Govn't 380, Beretta 1934, Walam 48, and KelTec P3-AT.

WW nickel case
3.1gr WW231
WW sm pistol primer
.966" OAL
Average of 860fps over my Oehler chrono.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
may seem a little "heavy" for a 380 but here is my load.

I have a ton of lead .356 122gr LTC bullets for my 9mm's

So I tried a few in my 380 and hey its a plinker load.

shot out of my ruger LCP 380

122 LTC
2.0 grain of win 231
win primers
win brass
c.o.l is .960

chronoed a fast 562 fps! Roll Eyes

Jason

Posts: 81 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote