New
Find
Notify
Tools

? on 338/300 WSM sizing
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've a 338/300 wsm and here is the question.

When I am sizing a case I normally run the die down to the shellholder and then take it down just a bit more (basically just like the instructions say).

Now, with my lil Fat Boy (338/300 wsm) I need to take and lower the die quite a bit more than what I do for any other rounds I load for. If I don't do this and if I just set the dies as I normally would then the case chambers really tightly.

In case you wonder the dies were made for the gun with fired rounds that were sent to RCBS.

Thoughts?

THX

Dogz

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark What shell holder are you using? I belive Lee lists the same shell holder for the H&H cases and the WSM cases. RCBS has a different shell holder for the H&H cases and the WSM cases. There is a few thousands difference in the shell holders I have. If the shell holder you have is a couple thousands "deeper" the case will not be going into the die as far and would likely result in hard chambering. If you have a depth mike you may want to measure a couple shellholders. Hope this helps.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am using a #43, I am pretty sure it is right, I may bring another one home tomorrow and see if it makes any difference.

Thx

Dogz

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote