New
Find
Notify
Tools

22PPC TSX-FB?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have a good load for the 22PPC case for the TSX 53gr bullet? I can't get these bullets to group better than 1 1/8", most groups are 2.5". The rifle is a Ruger #1V. I have tried H322 27.5gr. very good with other bullets and 2015 27 to 28.5 gr. Bullets are seated to the top of the second bullet land/band or .060" from rifle lands. I can get 5 shot groups that are .33 to .7" with other bullets, but the TSX are all over the place with a 3 shot group. If I can't get .75" or less, I consider the bullet just won't shoot. So far this bullet won't shoot out of this rifle for me. The best groups I got were 3 shots @ 1 1/8" using 2015 @ 27 & 27.5 gr. 7 1/2 BR Rem. primers and .06" off lands. Any ideas of what to try next. I guess I could seat it little longer, but I don't want the case mouth to go below the second bullet band and have the bullet held by only the one band at the base of the bullet.

Posts: 157 | Location: Kenosha, WI | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's your twist rate? Is there any sign that the bullets are keyholing? These bullets, like all TSXs, are long for weight because copper is much lighter than lead, so you might not be stabilizing them sufficiently if your twist is on the slow side.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote