New
Find
Notify
Tools

7WSM
 Login/Join

<giladad>
posted
Just picked up my A-Bolt 7mmWSM. How can I find some reloading info on this new caliber?? Hunt season starts soon, want to be ready!!!! Anybody know a good starting load w/ nosler bt's?? Can you use 7mm Rem Mag reload info??

<Don Martin29>
posted
I am looking for data also but my rifle is not here yet. Don't use 7mm Rem Mag data as the case is much larger.

You can use data for the 270 WSM or 7mm SAUM I would think and that is in the Nosler #5. I loaded up some test rounds using the Ladder Technique, the Powley Formula and looking at the various loading books and similar cartridges.

I think data will be out soon. Tell me what powders and bullets you have and I will work up a load for you.

<CAL9 from planet Fargo>
posted
YOu could contact Sierra and see if they have any data available yet. I purchased a 260 Rem shortly after it came out and they sent me all the data they had at that point.

CAL9

one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to nosler.com and I think it's Accurate powder's web site for data on the new Magpro powder.
MM [Big Grin]

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
<MontanaMarine>
posted
As a last resort,

Refer to .280 Ackley Improved data, find the slower powders for bullet weight, reduce by 10%, and start working up 1 grain at a time.

MM

one of us
posted Hide Post
a bit out of topic, but is the 7WSM case body longer than the 270WSM and 300WSM?
montero

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe they are all Identical except neck size.
MM

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
I heard the 7mm WSM was redesigned to be longer from base to shoulder so as not to chamber in a .270 WSM. But I have no dimensions.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There is an article by Jon Sundra in the March/April 2002 issue of Rifle Shooter that describes the differences(besides bore) between the .270 WSM and the 7mm WSM. Apparently they were both to be simply necked down versions of the .300 WSM. However, someone discovered that a 7mm WSM cartridge could be chambered in a .270 WSM rifle. This was in pre-production versions. So a decision was made to lengthen the headspace dimension of the 7mm. According to Sundra, the headspace dimension for the 7mm is 1.769"(+/- .005") and the headspace dimension for the .270 WSM is 1.731". A difference of .038". There is no change in the overall length of the cartridges so the neck on the 7mm is shorter.

The same treatment was done to the .280 Rem in 1956 when it was discovered that the proposed 280 would fit into a .270 Win chamber.

Posts: 408 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oops, sorry. Double post

[ 09-02-2002, 05:19: Message edited by: Mauser98 ]

Posts: 408 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote