New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best source for Cheap Powder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It time for me to restock the powder room. Who has the best prices for IMR or Hodgdon powder or for that fact any of the popular powders. Any advice greatly aappreciated

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot surplus powders pretty much exclusively. I get them from Bartlett or from www.patsreloading.com .

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graf's also might be worth a look. www.grafs.com

Bartlett's has some salvage powders that keep calling my name but I have not tried them yet. www.gibrass.com

Travis F.

one of us
Picture of Crimp_me
posted Hide Post
I buy mine from natchezss they have good deals on powder. I get there flyer in the mail and powder is always on sale. http://www.natchezss.com/

Posts: 83 | Location: Lapeer, MI | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

Just bought a 4 pound keg of RED DOT for $50
They have any powder you need and cheeper than anyone else including Natchez or Grafs.

Primer are under $14/1000

Posts: 179 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 26 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Bartlett's has some salvage powders that keep calling my name"

Good guy and good powder. I have shot over a hundred pounds of his powder and been quite satified. The $72 4895 is quite a bargain and very usefull. Shot a bunch of the WC852F in my Garands. 842 is just the thing for 223. 846 is a good 308 powder.

I don't buy regular cannister powders anymore. At $25 a pound, it makes reloading an expensive proposition. I would rather buy hunting ammo at wally world and surplus ball for practice. Buying compontents on the cheap really saves some money and you get a reasonable product. If you buy componts at full retail you are going to spend nearly fifty cents a round for 30-06. You can get factory ammo for not much more than that at the discount stores. Odd ball calibers is a whole other thing. I do make a 173 grain 30-06 load with Bartlets bullets and 852f powder. It is comparable to match ammo and does not cost much. I could never pay the $1 per round prices for federal match ammo. Anyway.......... have fun.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote