Find
Notify
Tools

Stubblejumper, load for 300RUM, Please.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted
Stubblejumper, Can you tell me your load for the 300RUM, 180BT and RE25? May be loading for it this afternoon, and need a good starting point. Thanks, Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not stubblejumper, but here's my Bal Tip load:

180 BT
Rem Brass
215 Fed primer
94 gn RE25

As always, work up to it for your gun. This is also the best load for my rifle with the 180 Accubond.

Good luck and be safe.

Posts: 159 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help, Jay

one of us
posted Hide Post
My own two 300ultramags like 95gr and 96gr of r-25 for velocities of 3320fps to 3340fps.Primers are fed 215 and the bullet the 180gr ballistic tip.One of the rifles has a pac-nor barrel and the other a gaillard barrel both 26".My talley on big game with this load is now 6 elk and 2 moose.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jay--you went and got yourself a cannon!!?? Don't miss the backstop--don't want those bullets landing here in Medford!!

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have three .300 RUMs. All three shoot 180 BTs very well. One shoots 95 H1000, the other two 87 and 89 grains of H4831.

RL 22 and 25 are too temperature sensitive for my purposes. The lots seems to have a lot of variation as well.

Retumbo is accurate in one rifle, but it has widely erratic MVs. RUMs are easy to get tight groups with at 100 yards, but MV can be quite erratic, which shows up at long range. That's why I generally use H4831.

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmm. I found Retumbo to give very consistent velocities (although that's with 200's). Weird.

Posts: 920 | Location: Mukilteo, WA | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
Stubblejumper, Thanks for the info, won't need it for now, co-worker couldn't get ahold of his reloader, so I told him if he got the dies etc. I could do it, just wanted some good data whereas to start from. Called Eric @Nosler for the accuracy load for the 180, would you believe 80grs. IMR4350, that goes for the 200 and 220 also,(IMR4350)who would've thunk, their newest manual didn't have RE25, too new. Talked to co-worker this morning, said he might buy the dies anyway and have me do it, keeps me out of trouble. Jay

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have tried a few powders and r-25 was the most accurate,produced good velocity, and it also was very consistant for me in various conditions.As for suggested accuracy loads,experiment to see which one works best in your rifle as each rifle has it's own preference.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote