New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting primers shipped
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Time for me to restock. Anyone know the maximum number of primers that can go in one package to keep Hazmat charges down? Any problems in mixing sizes as long as I am willing to buy in units of 5-10,000 of a size?

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
Gil Hebard Guns catalog NO. 45 reads= In addition to the primer cost, there is a UPS Hazardout material surcharge of $20. for each shopping carton containing primers. We (gil hebard) can pack up to 30,000 primers per carton (on an order for 30,000 primers this would break down to a hazardout fee cost of 67 cents per thousand) When ordering primers, include $20 additional for each shopping carton containing primers. Gil Hebard sells federal primers. Gil Hebard guns, 125 public square, Knoxville , Illinois 61448-1393 Phone309-289-2700

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanx, 243.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
The number is up to the seller.

UPS states that a shipping container can be no larger than certain measurements (108" combined length and girth) or heavier than a certain weight (70 pounds).

I have see outfits that will ship no more than as little 2000 primers in one box, chargeing the HazMat fee for each 2000 primers. I also have seen outfits that will ship the maximum in one box and charge a single HazMat fee.

Likewise there are sellers who will not ship primers and powder in the same container. But there are also those who do not make any distinction.

When shopping for components, always check to see what the shipping fees are. The lowest price is not always the lowest price.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote