New
Find
Notify
Tools

primers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
where can I get some 9 1/2 rem large rifle primers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
goodluck

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have placed back orders for primers on Powder Valley Inc. and will get pimers in 2 weeks to three months. Not good, but the best option I have found in this time of primer shortage. GOOD LUCK!

Posts: 110 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless the primers are listed on Powder Valley's website, they won't take a back order for them. The Rem 9 1/2 isn't listed so they won't take a back order for it. PV states that the reason for not taking anymore back orders is they have over 50 million primers on back order with shipments being small and sporadic.

Posts: 212 | Location: Longmont, CO | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
where can I get some 9 1/2 rem large rifle primers.

I haven't seen a Rem 9 1/2 primer for sale for years. And, I keep my eye pealed for any and all primers.
Search the "usual suspects" that sell primers daily, that's all I can suggest.

Edit to add: I think Les Bruno has Federal Large Rifle primers for sale right now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
can primers be legally sent in the mail?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FedEx and UPS will ship primers, but I don't think the USPS will. They are hazmat. UPS charges $22.50 right now per box of hazmat, so you have to order a fair number to make it worth it. Powder can be sent in the same box, so with a decent size order and mail order pricing, you can come out ahead.

edit: A guy at Cabela's told me they starting to see primers more often. If you're near one, you might check with them. The one near me had Fed 150s and CCI 400s, and a bunch of 209s when I was there today.

Posts: 95 | Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth area, TX | Registered: 12 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
can primers be legally sent in the mail?

Yes, they can be sent from a company who holds a Hazardous Material Shipping license to individuals. But, individuals who don't have a shipping license can not ship primers, or powder. I can't ship primers to you, as an example. Fed Ex, and Fed Ex can handle the shipments. The Post Office will not.