Find
Notify
Tools

data for Estate 20ga. hulls
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted
I have a bunch of Estate once fired hulls and hate to throw them away but cannot find any load data for them. Are they just a Chedite or Fiocci hull or are they their own brand?

Any references or loads?

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
The new Estate hulls are made by Federal and use Federal field (paper basewad) data. DAta is listed by both Alliant and Hodgdon, IIRC.

They load ok, but there are better hulls. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted Hide Post
Federal purchased Estate some time ago. Hulls since that point are of the Federal type with the wound paper base wad. Earlier Estate hulls were Chedite and can be identified by the plastic base wad and the "Stars" on the head stamp. Not certain - section one with a knife. Federal & Chedite data is readily available from several sources. As noted there are better hulls, I usually load these once and reserve them for my auto loader. Of the inexpensive hulls the one piece Remington Gun Club hulls I feel are the best. They use the same data as the STS hull and last nearly as long. The current 2 piece AA's are a disapointment.

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've loaded Estates in the past because they were free. I would use those at places where you couldn't keep hulls once they hit the ground. Good way to use up your dirty burning powders. Thanks for the info about Federal guys. did not know that. If I want to look at Liberal liars I watch the evening news. If I want to know what's news, I tune into AR.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote